Wow! Only a couple of weeks in and I have been given an award from one of my new bloggy friends! The lovely & kind Claire at Thriftwood
So here goes 7 things about me:
1. I achieved 98% for my final written exam in Needlework at school, couldn't sew for toffee. All in all I am a frustrated crafter who really should have been adopted by some talented granny who would have taught me to crochet in my younger years. Hold on, wait a minute; someone did try but I was young, I was foolish, I didn't pay attention.
2. When I was eleven I danced on the stage at Covent Garden. Not professional dancing just a quick audition one day at school assembly and there we were, some ragamuffins; part of the cast of Eugene Onegin. It was a lovely experience, but my only claim to fame unless you include bumping into Vic Reeves & his family in Wagamama, Canterbury.
3. I have a shocking sweet tooth, which is ever present. Not for chocolate which I really have to fancy, but a pure 4oz sugar blast from one of those old fashioned sweet shops. Somehow saying 100g doesn't have the same effect for me.
4. If you remember Celia Imrie in Dinner Ladies that's me. Couldn't count so ended up with a career in HR. I am not joking, forgot everything I was taught in Maths at school so didn't end up on the accountancy trainee scheme.
5. I have two men in my life and one is my hairdresser who I have to say I have strayed from over the years but I have been forgiven and our relationship has gone on from strength to strength. Miracle worker that's all I can say...
6. I am dyslexic and whilst I don't like labels the late diagnosis has helped explain a few things for me. Unfortunately the creativity doesn't seem to have rubbed off, am I not supposed to be an artist or some great genius like Einstein?
7. I am a big old softy and I cry at the drop of a hat, so much so that I think I have a permanent horizontal water-line across the centre of my eyes.
Enough of me, already.
There were so many I would have liked to nominate but I had to narrow it down to the following inspirational bloggers.
At home with red - super photography
Frugal Queen - keeps me in check when I am being a complete dork with my finances
Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing - now that's what I call sewing
Thank you so much, very appreciated. Keep the posts coming, D xxReplyDelete
Well done on your award!ReplyDelete
I can relate to the dyslexia bit and I'm a real advocat for getting children diagnosed early. I think this is so important, children need to know they aren't 'thick' but process information differently! One of my daughters is too, the teachers kept telling me wasn't, but I knew differently! Ada :)
Congrats on your special award here..ReplyDelete
Just looking through your lovely blog and I must say, I did chuckle at Tony Blackburn in that Union Jack Onesie...hehe Thanks for sharing!
Found you through my friend Claire at Thriftwood blog..
Thanks Maria. That picture was just too good to miss. Although it did put my technical skills to the test!ReplyDelete
Well done on your award, I've enjoyed reading your 7 things, they made me smile. And thanks too for popping by and saying hello and leaving such a fab comment!ReplyDelete
Pleased to meet you!